Zoodles with fried onions, capers and walnuts
Time: 25 minutes
- 1 large zucchini (or 2 small zucchinis)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil or filtered coconut oil
- 2-4 tbsp. organic goat cheese or feta
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat medium-size cast iron skillet on medium heat and add oil. When melted, add onion and cook until wilted and translucent (approx. 10-15 minutes).
- While onions are cooking, prepare zoodles* using spiralizer. Once spiralizer, place in bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Put aside.
- Once onions are translucent, add walnuts or caper and fry for approx. 5 minutes.
- Toss in zoodles and cook until warmed (3-5 minutes).
- Place in bowl and add goat cheese as needed. Serve.
*zoodles can be substituted for whole grain pasta or spaghetti squash