13: Falling in Love with Cooking: A How-to Guide with Sonja Overhiser
Friends, I'm so excited to introduce you to Sonja Overhiser. Sonja is a fellow Hoosier and also an author, recipe developer, podcast host, and healthy and sustainable food advocate. She, along with her husband, Alex, are the cooks behind A Couple Cooks, a collection of whole foods recipes and inspiration for healthy and sustainable eating. While Sonja is a boss in the kitchen now - it wasn't always like this. She has spent the past 10+ years learning how to cook and shares with us how she got from novice cook to cookbook author and how you can make waves in your own kitchen.
In this episode, you will learn how to:
- Overcome your fears in the kitchen and create meals you love to eat and share
- Build your pantry and fridge organically (no pun intended) and economically
- Enjoy the process of cooking and celebrate what it does for your body, mind, and soul
- Pace yourself in the kitchen to avoid burnout and cooking fatigue
- Eat healthy when you can't cook, particularly when on the road for work or pleasure