12: Moving for Body and Brain Health with Kevin Carr
Friend - Buckle up because Kevin Carr is about to answer so many of your exercise questions on this episode. That's because Kevin is a total movement guru. He is the co-owner of Movement as Medicine and is a certified functional strength coach, certified strength and conditioning specialist, and licensed massage therapist. Kevin has amassed a wealth of experience in the field of sports performance and personal training and works with everyone from US Olympians looking for a competitive edge to the Average Joe looking to shed some pounds and get healthier. He has helped countless clients move better and live better and, now, he's going to help us. So, tune in because this interview rocks.
In this week’s episode, we cover:
- Exercise and nutrition concerns shared by both the professional athlete and the Average Joe
- What to eat pre- and post-work out to maximize your movement
- How exercise impacts your brain health and improves your quality of life
- The best movements to increase brain functioning and up weight loss
- What workouts he does when traveling and why consistency always trumps intensity
Kevin references the following books: Smart Moves: Why Learning Is Not All in Your Head, Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain, and Go Wild: Free Your Body and Mind from the Afflictions of Civilization. You can follow Kevin on Instagram at @kev_in_carr or visit him at www.movement-as-medicine.com.